Friday, February 26, 2010

Mirror Reflections


Yes, it's true. Your eyes are not deceiving you. I am actually posting again! It's only been 2-3 months since my last article. But for a writer, that's a LONG time. Life has been chaotic and painful-- but I'm getting back on my feet again- and I feel the words about to flow.

Today I'd like to talk about mirror reflections. Not-- quite like the mirror you use to see your pretty little face or floss those pearly whites. I'm talking about the mirror reflections we see when we relate to other people.

We learn so much about ourselves when we gaze into the mirror of relationships.

For example, we get into a fight-- and learn how selfish we are. A friend loses a loved one-- and we learn how deep our empathy goes. It seems the more we relate to others, the more we learn about who we really are.

When you experience a person with severe addictions, they reveal your own addictions. When you participate in life with a person who is oppressed, they reveal a capacity within you to be an oppressor.

Over the last 3 months (that this writer has been absent from posting)-- I've looked in the mirror of relationships-- a lot. I've gazed into some failed relationships and even some new relationships. I've peered into some broken relationships while viewing some strained relationships. I've experience some relationships made so strong nothing could break it.

Due to all my recent mirror reflections and peering so deeply into my very being-- I've learned more about who I really am. I now know, when you look at a person to whom you relate, you more clearly see yourself-- faults and all. And although I've come face-to-face with more faults than I care to realize, life is more beautiful because I see who I really am and feel the divine grace; even more.

No comments: