Thursday, April 24, 2008

Top Ten List, From District Kids Camp

Summers are filled with VBS, Kid's Camp, and a whole lot of fun for youth. Since it is rapidly approaching I thought it was time to dig out my top 10 things that happened at Kid's Camp list. I hope you enjoy it and laugh with me. This was written, July 2007, after I returned home from my first Kid's Camp experience as a children's pastor. This year I will be speaking at camp, so we might end up with a whole other list after this!

Top 10 Things From Kids Camp that Seminary Didn't Quite Prepare Me For:

10. Realizing how many bacteria can congregate in one location.
9. Having the need for a new invention where coffee is pumped to the veins.
8. Singing songs about praising God with your toes.
7. Being afraid to lay your head down at night knowing children once sat on your pillow.
6. Hearing sermons that compare the heavenly streets of gold to cheese… and actually appreciating the correlation.
5. Being irrationally afraid that out of the camp mud hole they call a pond, the origination of leprosy will be discovered.
4. Needing a GPS devise to find the bathroom.
3. Developing the defense mechanism of imagining problem children (and adults) stuck on a Velcro Wall.
2. Having the ordination command to "endure affliction" constantly ringing in your head.
1. Leaving camp with the promise of returning only if the church board approves the finances for my therapy.

:)

No comments: